Monday, September 13, 2010

Dancing With Jesus

I am lost inside this mystery of God's love for me lately. And I pray it never ends. I feel like I am in a dance with my first love, Jesus, and I just keep twirling through this moment of His grace, mercy, and sacrifice for me. I love it! I am just so captured and speechless that Jesus wants my heart. That Jesus would die for me giving me the opportunity to choose eternity with Him. And even though I have accepted this precious gift of eternal life from Him, I can't help but to be consumed with checking where my heart is truly at in life.

The scriptures that I have been studying lately just remind me over and over again that the condition of my heart physically is just as important as the condition of my heart spiritually and emotionally. My heart reflects who I am. "As water reflects the face, so the heart reflects the person." Proverbs 27:19

I come no where near to being who you need to follow in example. You should follow the example of Jesus Christ. But, I do share this journey of surrender, obedience, relationship, and consistency in my Savior with you because it has become REAL for me. And it has changed my life!

It's easy to be focused on being that that person that people would "assume" is a GOOD Christian. But are we really good Christians? Are we just good at going to church, tithing, not missing attendance, etc. Shouldn't we be more concerned of what God sees. He sees everything! And eventually our "pretending" will be seen by our peers. Luke 6:45 "The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks."

I ask myself these questions....How would someone describe me that works with me, lives with me, sits in class with me, sits next to me in church, rides in my car with me, goes to lunch with me, runs into me at the grocery store, overhears my conversation on my cell phone, sees me working in my yard, looks at my facebook, etc. The list could just go on and on. How would someone describe you that knows you as a relative? How would someone describe you that goes to church with you? How would someone describe you that works next to you at your job?

As challenging as those questions seem, better yet, ask yourself this: What does God KNOW (not think) of me? Because in case you have forgotten, He doesn't have to meet you for lunch, He has been with you all day. He doesn't have to bump into you at the grocery store, He is in your heart and knows exactly what's going on with you. He knows how many hairs you have on your head. He thinks about you constantly. I John 3:20 "...for God is greater than our hearts, and He knows everything."

Last week in the book Crazy Love, Francis Chan makes the comment that every Sunday he sees hundreds of consistent church going people entering the church doors, and he wonders to himself out of those people, who will actually be in heaven. Is Jesus your everything? When you worship on Sunday mornings are you worshiping as though He is standing right in front of you? I sing from the stage most Sunday mornings and sometimes I wonder if we really mean what we sing. Sometimes I just have to close my eyes and imagine myself at the feet of Jesus. Who cares what the person next to you thinks when you are worshiping. We are not called to worship a congregation, but instead we worship a SAVIOR! Isaiah 29:13, "The Lord says, 'These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship is made up only of rules taught by men.'"

Our nation is full of lukewarm Christians just doing the "christian" thing week to week. Dad shared this in a sermon that Islam would call us a Christian nation. We know that we are far from that. But get this....because of the inconsistency of people who call themselves Christians, they choose to not be called Christians when they get saved. Instead they call themselves, "followers of Christ". And they know most of the time that as soon as they become a follower of Christ, they will be persecuted and most likely killed for their faith.

Christians in America think it's terrible if someone makes fun of them at work or school for being a Christian because it's not cool to them. Peter tells us in 1 Peter 4:12, "Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But REJOICE that you participate in the sufferings of Christ so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed". If someone is recognizing you are in love with your SAVIOR, then REJOICE, because apparently you are doing something right that they can see His glory revealed in you!

We should wear His name proud! It honestly leaves me speechless that I wear the name of Jesus. With honor I carry the name of Jesus with me everywhere I go. And I will continue to dance with my first love, Jesus, and I will continue to keep twirling through this moment of His grace, mercy, and sacrifice that He gave for me.

I heard these lyrics to a song this morning and this is truly what my heart cries out, "Jesus when you speak to my heart, I know that I am in love....in love with a Savior, who gave everything just to know me. It leaves me speechless that You would want my heart. You leave me speechless that You would die just to be with me and I am lost inside this mystery. Oh Jesus, you leave me speechless."

Are you speechless?





1 comment:

  1. I don't know how I missed this one! Wonderful job! I am so thankful to God for you kids.

    It is always a mystery to me and leaves me speachless that He wants my heart. I can not ever imagine His love for me.

    ReplyDelete